Back on January 5, when we first broke the news that the US debt ceiling has been reached, and breached, yet again, we said “And now the Social Security Fund pillaging begins anew until Congress signs off on the latest interim debt ceiling increase.” Sure enough, operation rape and pillage is a go.
- U.S. SUSPENDS PAYMENTS TO PENSION FUND TO AVOID DEBT CAP BREACH
- GEITHNER INFORMS CONGRESS ON SUSPENSION OF PAYMENTS TO FUND
- GEITHNER SAYS `G’ FUND PARTICIPANTS `UNAFFECTED’ BY SUSPENSION
- GEITHNER SAYS `G’ FUND TO BE MADE WHOLE AFTER DEBT LIMIT RAISED
- GEITHNER: DEBT LIMIT WILL BE INCREASED JAN. 27 UNLESS BLOCKED
In other words: Congress better pass the debt ceiling prontt, or else it will have to explain to government retirees the tens of billions in deficit funds, i.e., marketable debt, already issued will permanently offset the level in G-fund holdings.
Lastly, any comparison to similar acts of commingling performed by other insolvent entities in recent months is purely coincidental and no Obama handlers were thrown in jail as a result of this post.